MODERN SALON Media has named the 2015 class of “Excellence in Education” honorees in its sixth annual program recognizing leadership and best practices among cosmetology schools. Cameo College of Essential Beauty of Murray, Utah, was chosen to represent excellence in the category of Community Involvement, Placement.
“We received applications from cosmetology schools across the country and look forward to celebrating all the 2015 Excellence in Education honorees and sharing their stories. It is truly a great time to pursue a beauty education and career, and the program at Cameo College of Essential Beauty exemplifies that fact,” MODERN SALON Editorial Director Michele Musgrove says.
Why We Contribute
Involvement in the community comes naturally to Cameo College of Essential Beauty, but it is also something that we constantly work toward finding ways to do more. We are a small piece of the local community around us, but through the beauty industry we are able to impact change on a large scale. As part of the beauty industry we work to help people to become the best version of themselves. We recognize that while we can help with that transformation, there are many other organizations, groups, companies, and causes that also have a vital impact on the improvement of those around us. We want to help them help others.
Our biggest events each year are centered around giving back. Each fall we hold our annual Student Hair Show Competition. We select a causes and proceeds from the show are donated. We have been able to help great causes like Volunteers of America’s Women and Children’s Center and “Cut It Out” which helps victims of domestic abuse. In May we have our annual Skin Care Event where we open our doors to the public and offer free services and education on the latest in skin care. It™s a great opportunity for us to meet our neighbors and help them to find some peace and comfort. We are also able to offer generous scholarships to incoming students which, in many cases, can make an education and training in the beauty industry more realistic. Additionally, we contribute thousands of dollars annually to local business and groups. This can include anything from in-kind donations of gift certificates and products, donations of time serving in the community around us, or cash donations that the recipient can decide how it would best serve their cause. We also enjoy finding unique opportunities to contribute like fostering orphaned elephants in Kenya.
Cameo College of Essential Beauty strongly believes that it is important to donate whenever and wherever possible. We see the value in working with local and state groups as well as those working on a national or international scale. We have had the opportunity to build relationships with, and donate to, many great causes. We’ve highlighted some of those causes below:
● American Heart Association ● American Red Cross ● Beehive Elementary School ● Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah ● Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake ● Boys and Girls Clubs of South Valley ● Children™s Miracle Network ● Christ Lutheran Church & School ● Concordia Preparatory School ● Cystic Fibrosis ● The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust ● Driving for Diabetes ● Grant Elementary School ● Health Education Association of Utah ● Highland High School ● Humane Society of Utah ● Intermountain Christian School ● Intermountain Research & Medical Foundation ● Liberty Elementary School ● The Madeleine Choir School ● Make-A-Wish Foundation ● March of Dimes ● Murray Education Foundation ● Murray City ● Murray High School ● No Text Zone ● Odyssey House ● Ouelessebougou Utah Alliance ● Partners In Medicine ● Primary Children™s Medical Center ● Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians ● Saint Ann School ● Salt Lake Chamber ● Skyline High School ● Special Olympics Utah ● St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School ● Sub For Santa ● Taste of Utah ● University of Utah Health Care ● University of Utah Women™s Soccer ● Urban Renewal Agency ●Utah Department of Health ● Valley Presbyterian Church ● Volunteers of America ● Wednesday™s Child ● West Valley Honorary Colonels Association ● Westminster College ● Williams Syndrome ● Women in Business ● YMCA ● Cancer Wellness House ● Utah Coalition Against Domestic Violence ● Oakley Rodeo ● Utah AIDS Foundation ● Skin Cancer Foundation
“Each of us is a unique strand in the intricate web of life and here to make a contribution.”
– Deepak Chopra
- Read about some of the ways Cameo has contributed
- Cameo College teams up with KSL for Wednesday’s Child
- Cameo College Fills the Night with Inspiration and Everlasting Beauty
- Oil Spill Cleanup Using Hair Clippings Lend A Helping Hand In Protecting Our Coastal Waters
- Military Wives Makeover and Honorary Dinner
- Cameo College Students Raise Money to Help the Boys & Girls Club
- An Affordable Route to Beauty
- Moms of Make a Wish Children to Receive Pampering
- Relay For Life Announcement
- Beauty Builders
- Cameo College students support American troops in Iraq
- Student Hair Show Competition to Benefit Victims of Domestic Violence
- Cameo students to shine at in-house hair show
- Cutting out domestic violence is a beautiful thing
- Cameo College donates over $10,000 to local domestic violence shelters and awareness organizations