The main benefits of this particular tanning process are varied, the main ones of which are listed below:
– Because the tanning solution used during the process is sprayed onto the skin as a fine mist, it is easy to get a smooth, streak-free finish. Providing you choose an experienced spray tanning therapist or you have plenty of practice yourself, you should always end up with a perfect looking tan with very few, if any, blemishes.
– You can literally get an all over tan if you want (excluding your face, hands, feet and private areas in most cases). This type of tan is virtually impossible to get by lying in the sun – unless you’re sunbathing nude – and most people go a shocking shade of red before turning brown when their tan is naturally sun enduced!
– Spray tanning is a great way of getting a tan regardless of where you live and what time of the year it is. If you live somewhere that doesn’t see a lot of sunbathing weather it doesn’t matter – you can still get a perfect sun-kissed tan simply by spraying it on. The same goes for the winter months when the sunshine isn’t strong enough to cause natural tanning, or if you work indoors throughout the day and rarely get to bask in the sunshine.
– The wide range of tanning solutions available means you can literally pick what shade of brown you want your skin to be. You can start off with a single application of a light shade and add to it gradually until you are happy with the colour.
– The results from spray tanning are much better than applying creams and lotions by hand, plus the application process is a lot less messy. Providing you allow the tanning solution to dry thoroughly before getting dressed there should be no rub off onto your clothing – something that can’t be said for some tanning creams and lotions.